This program teaches how to:
A CFO’s mastery of the financial skill is a given; however, such a skill alone is not enough to become a successful corporate leader. The finance function is a core component of the operational structure. It serves as a guardian of the shareholder’s resources by providing financial stewardship, making effective value-creation decisions, managing the financial risk and practicing good corporate governance. Consequently, a successful leader in this area needs to be armed with a variety of additional skills, including: an awareness of organizational and personal psychology, ability to manage a variety of stakeholders, a strong and effective communication skill, and possess an astuteness akin to politics.
This course is designed to develop and fortify the CFO’s skills and acts as a primer for the attendee to become a more visionary and charismatic leader.
This workshop focuses on:
- Organizational psychology and the role of finance within the corporate structure
- Aligning Finance’s objectives with overall corporate objectives and strategies
- Creating a value focus within finance and become more responsive to management needs
- Turning finance into a valued and trusted business partner
- Developing and fostering a strong finance team by leverage and balancing skills
- Fostering a strong relationship with the CEO/Board and becoming a trusted adviser
- Strategic engagement, alignment, goal congruence, delivering concrete outcomes
- Acquiring commercial insights, perspectives that feed into decisions making
- Leading through change, business transformation and performance optimization
- Communicating business insights, decision choices more succinctly and intelligently
- Using diplomacy and politics to generate consensus and decisions
- Understanding your leadership style and linking it to financial objectives
- Evaluating the practical implications of investment decisions and acquisitions
- Driving innovation, organizational transformation and cultural change
This workshop incorporates real-world case studies and draws on latest corporate examples. The aim is to foster a hands-on understanding of the concepts and instill a practical, and applicable, grasp of the skills required to succeed as leader.
Existing or potential CFOs, as well as senior staff within the finance function